close menu
This website uses cookies to store your accessibility preferences. No personal / identifying information is stored. More info.

Frequently Asked Questions


I would like to request open records; how do I go about this?
Download this form and contact Tami for records at City Hall, Tina for records at the Police Department, and Rocky for records at the cemetery. Reports cost .25 per page. 
Where do I go to pay for new water service?
New service connects are made at City Hall, across from the police department at Billing & Collections
Can I pay my water bill online?
Yes, click the link of the homepage to go to the online portal. 
Can I pay my water bill with my debit/ credit card?
The accepted forms of payment are cash, check, or money order. 
When is my water bill due?
All water bills are mailed the last working day of the month and due the 10th of the next month. However, a 7 day grace period exists allowing customers to pay until the 17th generally, depending how the month falls, penalty free. After the 17th a 10% penalty is added to the customers water bill after which a cut off notice is mailed out. 
Where can I go to pay municipal fines online?
Click HERE to pay fines online.
How can I access death/ marriage records?
These records are kept at the Leflore County Courthouse not at City Hall. 
What is Poteau's recycling policy?
Currently, the city does not offer curbside recycling but does offer a recycling bin, provided by the Choctaw Nation, located on the north parking lot of city hall.
How does the City sand/salt the streets in icy weather?
The streets are salted first along emergency vehicle routes surrounding the hospitals, police department, etc. Hilltops and arterial roadways follow and shortly afterward come residential areas. These are sanded in order of the severity of the road conditions as determined by Street Department personnel.
How do I apply for a job with the City of Poteau?
Applications are available at City Hall via the secretary near the front entrance or available via here. After you have filled out your application you can bring it to one of the clerks in billing and collections. 
How do I obtain forms for the PARC?
You can download forms here.